How to use these charts:
- Click on any data point (the line or bar) to see the detailed information.
- Change the data using the drop down menus on the upper right corner of each chart.
- A download button is located in the lower right corner of each chart to download the chart as an image or PDF. The menu bars will appear on top, but can be cropped. Please retain the RISP logo on charts.
Chart Gallery Menu:
Medicaid Waiver Line Charts
Medicaid Waiver Bar Charts
Preparation of this presentation was supported, in part, by cooperative agreements (90DN0297, and 90DN0291) from the Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Administration for Children and Families, and a grant (#H133B080005) from the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR). Grantees undertaking projects under government sponsorship are encouraged to express freely their findings and conclusions. Points of view or opinions do not, therefore necessarily represent official AIDD or NIDRR policy.
Larson, S.A., Eschenbacher, H.J., Anderson, L.L., Taylor, B., Pettingell, S., Hewitt, A., Sowers, M., & Bourne, M.L. (2017). In-Home and Residential Long-Term Supports and Services for Persons with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities: Status and trends through 2015 . Minneapolis: University of Minnesota, Research and Training Center on Community Living, Institute on Community Integration.
Medicaid Waiver: Funding authorized in Sections 1115; 1915 (a) (b) (b/c); or 1915 (c) of the Social Security Act. The Medicaid website maintains a detailed list of Medicaid waivers by state.
Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID): Medicaid-funded institutions housing four or more people with IDD in which 24 hour supports and services are provided. The annual cost of ICF/IID settings includes food, shelter and clothing as well as comprehensive and individualized health care, rehabilitation and habilitation services
Abbreviations and notes:
- *: See State notes in the Appendix of the RISP report
- b: Nonstate settings reported, but not state settings.
- c: State settings reported, but not nonstate settings.
- d: Other date than June 30 of the reporting fiscal year
- DNF: Did Not Furnish
- e: Estimate from the state
- i: Imputed Estimate generated based on provided data
- PD: Partial Data
- s: Other Source (see the full report (9.6 MB) for citations and details)