Share this page
The chart gallery offers customizable data visualizations for key RISP findings and are updated based on the most recent published data. Navigate to each chart via the links below.
- Long-Term Supports and Services (LTSS) Recipients by Setting Type and Year
- Compare States: Percent of LTSS Recipients by Setting Type
- Living Arrangements of LTSS Recipients by Fiscal Year Over Time
- People with IDD in Nursing Home and Psychiatric Facilities
People Served by IDD Agencies
- People Served by IDD Agencies by Fiscal Year
- People Served by State IDD Agencies per 100,000 of the Population
- Medicaid Recipients by Funding Authority
- Medicaid Expenditures by Funding Authority
- Medicaid Average Cost per Person by Funding Authority
- Medicaid Average Cost per Person by Age
- Waiting for Medicaid Waivers
Medicaid Waiver Charts
- Compare States: Waiver Recipients
- Waiver Recipients
- Waiver Expenditures
- Waiver Average Cost Per Person
- Waiting for Waiver Compared to Waiver Recipients and ICF/IID Residents
- Compare States ICF/IID Residents
- ICF/IID Residents
- ICF/IID Expenditures
- ICF/IID Average Cost Per Person
- Compare States ICF/IID Average Cost Per Person
How to use these charts
Select the data you want to view
- Click on the drop-down boxes to see available options.
- Click to select one or more option(s).
- The list of options will not include states or years for which data are missing.
- Hover your cursor over a line or bar to see details about the data element
- Click on the download button located in the lower right corner of each chart to view the available options
- Image: produces a graphic showing the chart
- PDF: produces a document in PDF format
Missing values are indicated by blank spaces with no value labels.
Medicaid Waiver: Funding authorized in Sections 1115; 1915 (a) (b) (b/c); or 1915 (c) of the Social Security Act. The Medicaid website maintains a detailed list of Medicaid waivers by state .
Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID): Medicaid-funded institutions housing four or more people with IDD in which 24-hour supports and services are provided. The annual cost of ICF/IID settings includes food, shelter, and clothing as well as comprehensive and individualized health care, rehabilitation and habilitation services
* See State notes in the Appendix of the RISP report
b Nonstate settings reported, but not state settings.
c State settings reported, but not nonstate settings.
d Other date than June 30 of the reporting fiscal year
DNF Did Not Furnish
e Estimate from the state
i Imputed Estimate generated based on provided data
PD Partial Data
s Other Source (see the full report for citations and details)
These charts may be used with proper acknowledgement. For use in copyrighted products, contact us for written permission at RISP@umn.edu. For other uses please send an email with your name, organization name, a brief statement of how you plan to use the chart, the number of people you expect to share the chart with, and your contact information (including state) so that we can report usage to our funder.